The Master of Arts in Translation (Business and Legal) Programme aims to train students to master the theories and skills in writing, translating and interpreting in business and legal contexts, and to provide students with the essential knowledge of the translation industry in major Chinese communities. Graduates will be able to meet future challenges in the fast-growing language services industry with a particular focus on business and legal translation.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
- analyse complex business and legal texts;
- apply linguistic and conceptual skills to formulate solutions to complex business and legal translation tasks;
- apply various information technology skills to enhance translation efficiency;
- reflect critically on the conceptual issues and practice relating to business and legal translation;
- conduct research on business and legal translation issues; and
- communicate effectively in English and Chinese in business and legal environments and for research and study purposes.
- Financial / business / legal translators
- Law clerks / legal assistants
- Business executives
- Project managers
- Technical writers
- Public relations / communication officers
- Language trainers / teachers