Selected Publications: A maximum of five entries per staff.
Prof. Gilbert C.F. FONG (方梓勳教授)
- 〈拼命求索翻譯教育的新途徑Desperately Seeking New Approaches to Translation Education〉，「面向『四新』與『雙一流』的國際化外語人才創新培養高端論壇」。中國：華南理工大學，06/2019。
- 〈商務翻譯教育的主導方向 〉(with Shelby K. Y. Chan and S. C. Siu) ，「第十五屆全國翻譯院系負責人聯席會議」。深圳：香港中文大學（深圳），05/2019。
- Wandering Mind and Metaphysical Thoughts 《游神與玄思》 (by Gao Xingjian). Trans. by Gilbert C. F. Fong. Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press. 2018.
- “Nonattachment and Gao Xingjian’s Neutral Actor” (with Shelby K. Y. Chan). In Mabel Lee and Liu Jianmei, eds. Gao Xingjian and Transmedia Aesthetics. Amherst, NY: Cambria Press, 2018. Pp. 99–114.
- Heritage《 祖傳 》(by Major Jackson). Trans. by Gilbert C. F. Fong and Shelby K. Y. Chan. In Bei Dao, Lucas Klein and Chris Song, eds. Ancient Enmity 《古老的敵意》(Twenty-four Volume Set). International Poetry Nights in Hong Kong. Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press, 2017.
Dr. Shelby K.Y. CHAN (陳嘉恩博士)
Associate Dean and Associate Professor
- “Translation without Originals: The Case of Hong Kong Theatre”, Adaptation, Translation and Acculturation in Asian Theatre and Dance Symposium. UK: University of Royal Holloway and University of London, 05/2018.
- “Nonattachment and Gao Xingjian’s Neutral Actor” (with Gilbert C. F. Fong). In Mabel Lee and Jianmei Liu, eds. Gao Xingjian and Transmedia Aesthetics. Amherst, NY: Cambria Press, 2018. Pp. 99–114.
- “Hong Kong Youth Culture and Identity”. For the visiting students of the University of Puget Sound, USA. Hong Kong: Hang Seng Management College, 14/12/2017.
- Poppies by the Motorway 《公路旁的紅罌粟》 (by Agnes S. L. Lam). Trans. by Shelby K. Y. Chan. In Bei Dao, Lucas Klein and Chris Song, eds. Ancient Enmity《古老的敵意》(Twenty-Four Volume Set). International Poetry Nights in Hong Kong. Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press, 2017.
Dr. S.C. SIU (蕭世昌博士)
- “AI VS Human Translation: The Inevitable Replacement?”. Macau: France Macau Chamber of Commerce, 29/05/2019.
- “New Technology for Financial Translators”. Hong Kong: Deep Learning Research and Application Centre, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, 26/04/2019.
- “Neural Machine Translation for Financial Listing Documents” (with L. Luo, H. Yang and F. Y. L. Chin). In International Conference on Neural Information Processing. Springer, Cham, 2018. Pp. 232–243.
- “On the Quality of Neural Machine Translation of Public Health Information in Hong Kong (English – Chinese Translation)” (with Sai Yan Siu), The 22nd International Symposium on Translation and Interpreting Teaching. Taipei: Fu-Jen Catholic University, 06/2018.
Dr. Anson H.H. WANG (王紅華博士)
- “The Little One and the Sea”. In Gillian Bickley and Verner Bickley, eds. Mingled Voices 3.International Proverse Poetry Prize Anthology 2018: 166. Hong Kong: Proverse Hong Kong, 2019.
- “Advancing the Status of Women in Hong Kong through Education” (with J. Pan and X. J. Yan), Graduate Women International 33rdTriennial Conference. Switzerland: University of Geneva, 07/2019.
- “Legal translator training in Hong Kong: A case study”, Transius Conference 2018. Switzerland: University of Geneva, 06/2018.
- “Research on translator and interpreter training – A collective volume of bibliometric reviews and empirical studies on learners” (with J. Pan and J. X. Yan). In D. Li, ed. New Frontiers in Translation Studies. Singapore: Springer, 2018.
- “Research on translator training after the New Millennium: A corpus-based review of eight journals on Translation Studies” (with J. Pan and J. X. Yan). East Journal of Translation (CIUTI Issue 2017), 2017. Pp. 24–38.
Mr. Lawrence C.L. LEUNG (梁峻朗先生)
- “A Corpus-Driven Study of Key near-Synonymous Adjectives in English Financial Discourse of Hong Kong”, The 24th Pan-Pacific Association of Applied Linguistics Conference. Seoul: Pan-Pacific Association of Applied Linguistics, 08/2019.
- “From SH-HK, SZ-HK Stock Connect towards SH-LN Stock Connect: A Review of Mistranslations in Information Disclosure by Listed Companies of Hong Kong”, The 16th International Conference on Translation. Malaysia: University of Malaya, 08/2017.
Mr. Jeffrey S.Y. SIU (蕭世友先生)
- AI-powered Interactive Dictionary (2019): a deep learning-based digital dictionary providing users with real-time object detection and trilingual annotations (Chinese-English-Sanskrit).
- “Buddhism, Sociology, and Digital Analysis: On the Design Framework for the ‘Platform for the Analytics of Information on Contemporary Buddhism’”, International Conference on Buddhism and Social Science 2019. Taipei: Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist Foundation, 06/2019.
- 翻譯與數位人文：翻譯資料庫實作 (Translation and Digital Humanities: Development of Translation Databases). Workshop on Translation Corpora and Language Technology. Taiwan: The Graduate Institute of Cross-Cultural Studies, Fu Jen Catholic University, 08/2018.
- “Buddhist Philosophy and the Way of Business: On the ‘Four Key Teachings of Doing Business’ with reference to Āryasāgaranāgarājaparipṛcchānā mamahāyānasūtra in Sanskrit and Chinese”, Symposium on Business Ethics and Culture 2018. Hong Kong: Hang Seng Management College, 06/2018.
- “Traditional Chinese Medicine, Translation, and Technology: A Framework for the Development of a Chinese-English Parallel Corpus of Medical Manuscripts in Dunhuang”, The 22nd International Symposium on Translation and Interpreting Teaching. Taipei: Fu Jen Catholic University, 06/2018.
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Research Database – a one-stop platform to search the scholarly publications of all HSUHK colleagues.